Extra Fudgy Flourless Brownies with walnuts and a decadent chocolate flavor made from scratch.
Hello, first I want to apologize for been missing a couple of weeks, not to say months. The reason: I started a time-consuming job. It just finished a couple of days ago, so I’ll be back to posting once a week. I have tested few recipes, so hopefully, I will upload new content in the coming weeks, a breakfast crustless quiche recipe for your meal prep days, a plantain lasagna, and a green smoothie.
Now back to the brownies, I created this recipe with a few things I had as leftovers in my kitchen, and with a sweet tooth.
The utensils used were: a 10×7 baking pan, a blender, a spatula and two mixing bowls. I also used some parchment paper to line the baking pan to avoid any sticky brownie situation. To prepare this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 6 oz of chocolate (4 oz bittersweet, 2 oz milk chocolate)
- pitted dates
- coconut oil
- cocoa powder
- oat flour
- vanilla extract
- walnuts (optional but recommended)
I used different types of chocolate, bittersweet, milk chocolate and cocoa powder because I wanted to have a contrast of flavors and a rich chocolate flavor.
To start, melt the chocolate in the microwave. Then soak the pitted dates for 5 minutes in hot water. Blend the dates with some of the water it should result in a smooth paste. In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, cocoa powder, oat flour, salt, and sugar. In another bowl mix the wet ingredients: coconut oil, melted chocolate, eggs, date paste and vanilla extract. Now fold in all the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, just until combined. Add the walnuts to the mixture.
Transfer the brownie mixture to the lined baking pan and bake for 35 minutes.
Once the brownies are ready, let them cool for at least 10 minutes. I sprinkled some cocoa powder for decoration and took a bite, and it tasted great!
The brownies become easier to cut when they have chilled completely. I decided to cut these fudgy flourless brownies in 12 pieces. Not so big or small pieces. If you prefer you can make them as big or small, it is your preference after all.
You can enjoy these fudgy flourless brownies hot with some vanilla ice cream. Or you can also eat them cold the following day. I tried them just out from the fridge, and I couldn’t help it eating more than one. It tasted amazing! Not so sweet, but with a rich chocolate flavor.
Fudgy Flourless Brownies
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 2 oz milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4t tsp salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup oat flour, + 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a 10×7 baking pan with parchment paper. You can use a smaller baking pan if you like.
- In a bowl melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 seconds interval at 50% power.
- Soak your pitted dates in hot water for 5 minutes, then blend with a few teaspoons of water that you used to soak them. It should be a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl mix all the wet ingredients: eggs, date paste, melted chocolate, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil.
Note: Since the melted chocolate and coconut oil was a little warm, I added a little bit first and mix it well with the eggs to prevent them from scrambling, this is called tempering.
- In another bowl mix the dry ingredients oat flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add the walnuts and fold the dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
- Place mixture in lined baking pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely.
- Once cooled cut into 12 pieces and enjoy your fudgy brownies!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave your comment or take a picture and add the hashtag #nashifood on Instagram. We love to see what you are preparing in your kitchens.
Comparte tu amor por la comida!