Need a refreshing drink for these hot days, try out my Lemon Wild Berry Cold brew Iced Tea. It is easy to make and a crowd pleaser.
Iced teas had been a thing lately, seems they are related to hot climates. When I lived with my mom, she used to make iced tea almost every week. The traditional flavor was black tea with lemon. Everybody at home wanted some, and it did not last long in the fridge. A few weeks ago, I went to her house and she gave me two small tea bags of a new tea she had bought. She also gave me a taste of the iced tea she made. The taste was heavenly, super refreshing just what I needed that day. I came back home thinking about making it, but I didn´t have enough tea bags to make a big batch, so I bought some more.
She told me to steep the tea bags in hot water. Then let it cool. Since I tested the cold brew method and enjoyed the results, I gave it a try, and it turned out great. To make this delicious and refreshing Lemon Wild Berry Cold brew Iced Tea follow the steps on How to cold brew tea post. You will need to cold brew the tea first. You can also prepare it the night before and then just mix the add-ins.
For the recipe, you will need:
- 32 fl. oz of wild berry cold brew black tea
- juice of 2 lemons
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
To start, squeeze your two lemons. Then, add the juice to your cold brew tea and stir. Microwave 1 cup of water in a glass for one and half minutes. Next, stir in the brown sugar into the water until it has dissolved. This water and sugar mixture will create a simple syrup that will sweeten the iced tea. Add this simple syrup to your cold brew wild berry tea and stir. Serve with ice and enjoy!
Lemon Wildberry Cold brew Iced Tea
- 32 fl. oz cold brewed wild berry tea, (made with 6 wild berry tea bags, see How to cold brew tea for the steps)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 lemons
- Squeeze the juice of the two lemons and add it to your cold brew tea and stir.
- In a mason jar, add 1 cup of water, microwave for 1 and half minutes, and add the brown sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Add 4 ice cubes and stir or let it cool for a couple of minutes.
- Add your sugar mixture to your cold brew wild berry tea and stir. Serve with ice and enjoy!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave your comment or take a picture and add the hashtag #nashifood in Instagram. We love to see what you are preparing in your kitchens.
Comparte tu amor por la comida!